Especially during the spring and summer months, Berlin offers a vast number of outdoor activities which are accessible.The city has many parks and green spaces and is one of the greenest cities in Europe.
Here is a small selection of outdoor destinations:
- Zoo at Tierpark Berlin
- Berlin Zoological Garden (Zoologischer Garten) (There are also guided tours in German sign language; see Information according guided tours in sign language for more information – German only)
- Gardens of the World (Gärten der Welt) in Marzahn-Hellersdorf – a jewel on the outskirts of Berlin.
- Botanic Garden in Berlin-Dahlem also has a fragrance and touch garden that is especially suitable for visitors with visual impairments.
- Tempelhofer Feld: the former Tempelhof airport has been made into a public park and is one of the largest inner city open spaces in the world.
- Mauerpark (Wall Park)
- Volkspark Friedrichshain
- Admirals Bridge (Admiralbrücke) in Berlin-Kreuzberg: An especially popular spot to admire the sunset over the River Spree.
- Open air cinema (Freiluftkino) Friedrichshain
- Alte Försterei